CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Application deadline: February 16, 2014
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art will award three Grants for Media Art 2014 of the Foundation of Lower Saxony (10,000 € each).
The grant from the Foundation of Lower Saxony at the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art supports a wide spectrum of media art, from video art and net-based projects to audio or audio-visual installations.
Each grant will be awarded for the production of a new project in the area of media art.
- A requirement for the prize is user registration and submission of the online application via this website by 16 February 2014, 12:00 a.m. (CET). Applications submitted after this date cannot be taken into consideration.
- The grant is valid for the duration of 6 months (July–December 2014). It cannot be prolonged and residency is compulsory. Anticipated stay in Oldenburg: at least one month.
- The project or the artistic work should be completed within the six-month duration of the grant. A possible extension of this period must be discussed in advance with the grant supervisor.
- Applications will only be accepted from artists and not from institutions.
- Only one application per person per year will be accepted.
- Artists can apply as a group; however, the grant is the same as for individual applications. The applicant whose name is provided as a contact will be considered responsible for the project. Co-applicants will also carry creative responsibility for the project. People enlisted to assist the team (programmers, sound technicians, advisers, specialists etc.) cannot be considered members of the group.
- If desired, grant recipients can apply to stay in a furnished guest apartment.
- The artist will be included in the activities of the Edith-Russ-Haus, including workshops, presentations or artist’s talks. The dates will be arranged in consultation with the Edith-Russ-Haus.
- Beyond the grant to the amount of €10,000 and the possibility of using one of the guest apartments in the Edith-Russ-Haus, no further costs will be covered (such as technical means, production means, travel expenses, living expenses during the duration of the grant, the stay, or for an evening spent by the recipients in Oldenburg).
- A jury consisting of international experts will select the recipients of the grants.
- Only the materials listed below will be taken into consideration. Originals and unique copies are excluded.
- The application may be submitted in either English or German. In German applications, some important information must also be provided in English.
- The recipients agree to allow grant the organisers all rights to the use of images of their artworks for publication, archiving, website publication as well as any further form of communication without payment as long as this use does not damage or intend to damage the participants’ reputation.
- An application is considered accepted when the applicant receives confirmation via email. If the application does not conform to the prescribed conditions, the applicant will not be sent email confirmation.
- The organisers and the jury have the unilateral right to exclude applications that do not conform to the conditions.