ACM SIGGRAPH's DIGITAL ARTS COMMUNITY (DAC)
Time: November 26, 2010 to May 11, 2011
Location: New Castle, UK
City/Town: New Castle, UK
Website or Map: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/culturel…
Event Type: artist, rescidency
Organized By: Sarah Greenhalgh
Latest Activity: Nov 26, 2010
Culture Lab and ISIS Arts are excited to be launching their first joint, open call for a Resident in the Academic Year 2010-11.
Proposals are invited from practitioners and researchers from across the spectrum of creative art, design and technology to undertake research in Culture Lab for a minimum of 3 weeks in the second semester of the Academic Year 2010/11 (31 January – 17 June 2011).
You would have use of Culture Lab’s research facilities and equipment, a fee of £2500-4000 (to include travel, accommodation and materials) and access to a studio space.
Based at Newcastle University, Culture Lab, is:
* A centre for creative inquiry in the broadest sense of the term
* A world class research facility for experimentation in interactive media
* A university resource to incubate and facilitate interdisciplinary activity
* A leader in the region’s cultural ecology, providing knowledge for a digital society
Based in Newcastle City Centre, ISIS Arts is an artist led, visual and media arts organisation, which runs an international programme of commissions, residencies and events. ISIS Arts’ core ethos is to support artists to facilitate international and inter-cultural exchange and to engage as wide an audience as possible in dialogue with artists and artworks. Actively seeking out and engaging with artists of all backgrounds and cultures to produce work that explores identity and challenges prejudice, creating projects of international relevance and local significance. www.isisarts.org.uk
What we require from you:
* To engage with research staff and students from a variety of disciplines
* To deliver an introductory lecture on working practice and work to be undertaken at Culture Lab
* To maintain a project blog on Culture Lab’s web presence
* To deliver one Lunch Bites session to the Culture Lab community on a specific topic related to the research/practice
* To deliver one lecture on a specific topic related to the research/practice to a broader arts-community audience, at ISIS Arts
* Deliver a public exhibition/performance at Culture Lab, at the end of your residency
* The emphasis for this residency is on research not on finished art work.
What we will provide:
* Access to Culture Lab’s highly sought after research facilities which range from an 8-camera motion capture system to a professional standard recording studio and Digital Fabrication Lab. Access to ISIS Arts studio spaces for visiting artists
* Integration into Culture Lab’s community of research staff and students, and ISIS Art’s regional community of artists and practitioners
* A budget of up to £4000 (mid-career practitioners) or £2500 (early-career practitioners) to offset costs of production, living expenses, travel and accommodation
Great! The file uploaded properly. Now click the 'Verify my file' button to complete the process.