ACM SIGGRAPH's DIGITAL ARTS COMMUNITY (DAC)
Call For Participation
On behalf of the NIME 2015 Committee, we would like to invite you to be part of the 15th international conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression.
We invite submission of new works in the following categories:
• Papers and Posters
• Performances and Installations
• Workshops and Tutorials
Artistic program: Performances & Installation works
• Submissions due: December 7, 2014
• Review Notification: January 30, 2015
Scientific program: Papers, Workshops, Demonstrations:
• Draft submission (mandatory): January 23, 2015
• Final submission: January 30, 2015
• Review notification: March 20, 2015
• Camera-ready paper deadline: April 17, 2015
The online submission system will open on November 3rd, 2014 and its address will be published at nime2015.lsu.edu
Please note the following:
• The artistic program deadlines (installation and performance) this year do not coincide with the paper deadline!
• The scientific program consists of a mandatory draft submission followed by full submission. This system is implemented to address the perennial deadline extensions. There will be no deadline extensions. On the date of the draft submission, the author must be registered on the online submission system and have submitted a full draft manuscript of their paper. Authors then have one week to make minor edits to previously submitted manuscripts.
Call for Installations
NIME 2015 seeks installation and sculptural work to showcase at several locations in Baton Rouge. The theme for all venues will focus on an amalgamation of NIME topics listed below. Special consideration will be given to projects that embody a combination of qualities that are visual, aural, and tangible. Submitted proposals will be subject to a peer review process by an international expert committee. Installations picked to be shown at the LSU Digital Media Center will be exhibited during the length of the conference. Installations picked to be shown at the LSU Museum of Art and the LSU Glassell Gallery will be invited to be part of a longer exhibition spanning a month. These pieces will be shown alongside several invited sound artists whose work addresses NIME.
In order to present an installation for NIME 2015, please submit a proposal in the form of a PDF document, maximum 4 pages, containing the following information:
• The title of the work
• Names of contributing artists
• A clear description of the proposed installation that will provide reviewers with a sense of its motivation and proposed realization. Pictures, schematic diagrams and/or proposed floor plans would be helpful here. You may also provide any documentation of previous presentations of this installation (if they exist).
• Describe the space needed and the adaptability of the installation in terms of possible venues.
• Provide a list of equipment required for the installation, clearly indicating what you will bring and what you would require the conference organizers to provide.
• Finally, indicate if your piece is able to be shown only during the length of the conference or if is able to remain for an extended exhibition.
Great! The file uploaded properly. Now click the 'Verify my file' button to complete the process.