ACM SIGGRAPH's DIGITAL ARTS COMMUNITY (DAC)
School of Software and Microelectronics, Peking University was founded with approval from the Ministry of Education, the State Planning Commission and Ministry of Science and Technology as “National Demonstration School of Software” and “National Training Base for IC Professionals”. School of Software and Microelectronics, Peking University has 4 Master specialties (Software Engineering, Integrated Circuit Engineering, Project Management, Electrical and Communication Engineering) and 2 doctoral specialties (Software and Service Engineering, and Integrated Circuit and System). The school has an annual enrollment of 1000 graduate students.
School of Software and Microelectronics at Peking University now invites applications for academic and research positions at the rank of Department Chairs, Assistant/Associate or Full Professor worldwide.
1. Chair of Department of Service Science and Engineering
2. Chair of Department of Management of Technology
3. Chair of Department of Language Information Engineering
4. Chair of Department of Digital Art and Design
5. Chair of Department of IOT (Internet of Things) Engineering
6. Chair of Department of Energy Information Engineering
7. Faculty positions for above Departments, and Financial Information Engineering, Software and Service Engineering.
1. Applicants should have good feelings toward China, Peking University, and demonstrate a strong commitment to high-quality graduate teaching and development of a vibrant research program.
2. Have a strong record of research, scholarship and excellence in teaching.
3. The applicants should have an earned doctorate or expect a doctorate soon in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and computer Engineering, Management of Technology, Digital Arts, and other relevant disciplines.
4. The applicants for position of Department Chair should have a full Professorship or equivalent from a worldwide recognized university and good management experience. Individuals with a strong record of leadership, research, scholarship and excellence in teaching are encouraged to apply.
5. Applicants should have good health.
1. Individuals who are interested and qualified please apply by sending their resume, statement of interest, and references to school’s human resource office（email： firstname.lastname@example.org ）.
2. The searching committee will review all applications and conduct interviews.
3. The searching committee will recommend the qualified applicants to school board of Appointment for approval.
4. The school will offer employment contracts to the accepted applicants
1. Department Chairperson Responsibility:
a) To act as the representative of the department to school administration.
b) To act as an advocate for the mission of the department to the administration.
c) To act as a mentor and facilitator for the faculty and staff within the department as they carry out their mission.
d) To act as an administrator of the department in accomplishing necessary managerial tasks.
e) Facilitating international and domestic educational support
f) Promoting cooperation with world-class universities and global companies.
g) Conducting searches for faculty positions (full-time, adjunct and affiliate)
h) Coordinating teach, research and other departmental activities.
2. Faculty Responsibility: Conduct teaching and researching according to departmental teach and research plans; Work on and complete other tasks assigned by the department or school.
All Positions are expected to be paid according to the Regulations on Teacher Salary of School of Software and Microelectronics, Peking University.
Application Period and Method
1. July 8, 2010 -- August 30, 2010
Ms. Fan Yufeng Contact number: 86-10-61273673
Ms. Ding Yu Contact number: 86-10-61273669
Ms. Pang Ying Contact number: 86-10-61273746
3. Website: http://www.ss.pku.edu.cn
Attachment: Academic Fields of the Departments
Electronic Service Technologies
Software and Service Engineering
Intelligent Services and Cloud Computing
Department of Management and Technology:
IT Project Management
Innovation and Entrepreneurial Financial Management
Department of Language Information Engineering:
Natural Language Processing
Computer aided Translation
Department of Digital Art and Design:
Interactive Media Art
Digital Media Technology
Art and industrial Design
Computer Aided Graphics
Department of IOT（Internet of Things）Engineering
IOT Technology and Applications
E-Business and Logistics
Department of Energy Information Engineering:
Design and Management of Energy System
Advanced Lighting Technology
Solar Energy Photo-electricity
Low-carbon Technology and Economics
Department of Software Technologies:
Software Test and Quality Assurance
Software Engineering Management
Department of Financial Information Engineering:
Financial Information Technology
Financial Information Services
Great! The file uploaded properly. Now click the 'Verify my file' button to complete the process.